View Single Post
      04-26-2015, 01:11 PM   #36
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
So does the ring operate contrary to every other track on the planet?
Yes.

You see bus coaches, campervans, normal vans, volvo estate cars etc.
Between porsche 911 GT3 rs (loads of them!), radicals, lamborghini's etc.

I'd say any given time the mix is 50% who have a jahreskarte or similar experience, and 50% is first or 2nd timer (so first or 2nd lap).

Especially on Saturday and Sunday's in the summer season it's really 'touristenfahrten'.

When I was there last autumn, I was in a traffic jam of about 1,5hrs, just to drive 1 lap. It can be that crowded.
I know of no track in the world that is similar to thàt.
It is nothing like any other racetrack. And not only because of the track, but also of the scale, the popularity/appeal etc etc.

That's why they emphasize so much that it's not a race, that you have to keep to the RIGHT, and that you hàve to let faster drivers pass(on left side) as soon as the situation lets you.

It's a very dangerous track.
The gtr may have picked a dangerous point to overtake, but the previous cars also overtook, the clio went to the right, but slammed the door for the gtr. He may not have seen that car.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2