09-04-2023, 09:08 AM   #2
rounderman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 M35

Garage List
2019 BMW X2 M35  [9.50]
Where to begin? As you can tell I drive a 2019 X2 M35 (US version). I love it. For me it has the right mix of performance and practicality. Plus, as an older dude it easier on back than my 2013 335 since it is higher off the ground. It doesn’t hurt to be able to see out of it better than a sedan. To put things in perspective I have driven mostly what we call “high line” cars. The afore mentioned BMW 3 Acuras over the years a legend GS coupe and 2 TSXs. A few Saabs (2 900s and a 9-3 ARC) moist of which have been sticks until the X2. I have 22,000 miles on the car, Covid had me working out of the house and then I retired. Nothing has broken except the battery for the SOS system which was replaced under warranty. I did brakes at about 18,000 miles right before my extended maintenance plan ended and I had a very helpful SA. Also did tires which is a reflection on my driving style and the run flats. I have been told the brakes are expensive to replace.

Fantastic side is acceleration and handling for me. I have been to 1 half day m track day since getting the car, I also auto crossed my 9-3 a couple of times so I am definitely not an experienced race or track driver. For me the car goes fast, quick off the line (if you search the threads you will see some discussion of pedal tuners and lag but I drive pretty much exclusively in sport mode). I originally leased the car and when the lease ended, I did not hesitate to buy it out. Even today there is nothing on the market I like better including the new X1 and the supposed X1 M35 coming soon. I dislike the run flats and my biggest regret was not doing a spare tire. Again if you search the threads lots of talk and successful cobbling together of a compact spare tire. I have also used bimmercode to make some mods to the car (nothing engine wise) which in the newer cars are so locked down you can’t do that.

If you are worried about power don’t, I think it is faster than my 335 manual was. (also had a firebird in my youth with the 350 V8 so I do have some experience with fast)

Bottom line love the car.
Appreciate 1