02-26-2020, 05:04 PM   #21
deemo319
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesimeone View Post
Something about it. I still think it's the best M5 ever. Saw a similar example here in Florida recently....clean clean clean, bone stock, had to stop the guy and talk to him. Such a great car.
I concur with you. This car ended a time of BMWs history when car guys we're roaming the halls in Munich and Garching.

And it was really 2003 that ended an era that some look back upon as the Golden Age for BMW AG and really BMW

The last year of production of the E52 Z8 that was powered by the S62 V8.

2003 saw the last year of production of the E53 X5 4.6is that really showed the world what BMW engineering in regards to chassis tuning could do with a SAV (SUV).

MY2002 saw the end of production of the E38 7 Series and it was sent out with a bang with the 740i Sport. To me it is still a gorgeous car and Imola Red it's still stunning with close to perfect proportions.

And sadly, 2003 saw the last year of the E39 M5 that is called by some as the best performance sedan ever built.

At the time it was written in European Car Magazine that BMW was busy rolling sevens with the E46 M3 and E39 M5, with the M5 being referred to as the perfect performance sedan and stated for the record that all other manufacturers go back to the drawing board because the class was dismissed. That was the E39 M5, it's execution, style, proportions, S62 V8 engine, and performance is legendary.

When we see one on the road or parked somewhere we either say to ourselves or out loud "there goes an E39 M5!" It was and still stands as the unquestioned pinnacle of a BMW M that no longer exists.
Appreciate 2
K-M390.50