01-02-2020, 02:02 PM   #11
dianebrat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 orange x2 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnHank View Post
I'm not interest in a Ford, never had one. In my search this did turn up. Apparently, Ford Sync does allow multiple phones to be connected and then to select the one you want to use, even if both phones are in the vehicle and on. This leads me to think that this is a production issue, i.e. what BMW has.
https://www.5starford.com/blog-tuesd...nes-with-sync/
I have enough info now and will try this out. Thanks for your help.
Syncing and connection of multiple phones is not the issue and that's what I've been saying.
If you don't have enhanced BT you can only have one connected, if you DO have enhanced BT you can have two phones connected.

It's the swapping of multiple phones and having CarPlay active that might stop you, CarPlay is a "phone is married to a single car" model and how multiple CarPlay phones will behave for you is the one thing I can't answer, in my case with 2 iphones I have to go in to "manage my mobile devices" and tell it to enable Carplay on phone #2 and then it disconnects Carplay from phone #1, it's more steps than it's worth which is why I keep suggesting that if you'll both be in the car then just choose one phone.
Appreciate 0