CalCarNut
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F36 Jet Black Sport Line

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
It is not about the payment only, you know...
If you lease it what it matters the 10 years warranty?
Everyone has a warranty to cover that lease.
The fact that mimics another car is just lack of imagination.

To be honest I will never lease, buy or own a Kia. Never. Kia and Hyundai’s driving is crap. Yeah, good for a kid, but leave it there.
Kia is Kia.... Hyundai is Hyundai....
Now let’s move on...

If this X2 will have a true Xdrive, more power, and a better interior I will buy it regardless of double payment. Works for me and don’t care about your badge perception.
Does it have a true X-drive? Haven't heard anything (yet).

I haven't leased a car in 20yrs; I did this one because she totaled out my Land Cruiser. I was never interested in them either, but the price is decent, the warranty is tops (if she continues to enjoy driving it, I will buy it out at lease end, so yes, the long-term warranty comes into play). The back seats recline which is a neat trick,(I know of no other small ute that does that), it has a 5-star crash rating (which was another huge factor in getting her this.) Kia is Kia huh? Have you read the reviews on the Stinger GT? All positive. Do I want one? Not really, but I have a newfound respect for the brand. As for the X2, I don't care what you think of my brand perception. I have 2 BMWs, both purchased, not leased. I didn't buy either for the badge. The X2's price is just stupid at $38K starting for what you get vs the competition. The interior looks cheap at the base price and spending more $ to make it nice (to me) is a waste of money for that model. If it proves to be a 5-star crash rated vehicle, a decent lease payment and residual, they'll move them off the lots due to the badge, but not for it being any type of ultimate driving machine.