View Single Post
      01-25-2021, 05:47 PM   #12
Shagohod
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F48 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
I can pretty much assure you that the answer will be neither of those.
Hiring a lawyer gets one nowhere since the details of how extensive the ambient lighting strips are is not called out, and a dealer can only sell what's delivered.

The only item that might, and I saw only might happen is that the dealer might make a gesture to the buyer to try to make a good impression, but there's certainly nothing they "have" to do.
This is exactly what I'm thinking in reading this thread. Dont get me wrong I totally get why they'd be upset when this happened, I would be too. And it does seem like BMW is representing the lighting as being more complete, but I'd be shocked if BMW doesn't reserve the right to get away with these kinds of changes. All sorts of features are changed year-to-year(usually for cost-cutting as you said). I just have the feeling that, somewhere, in all the literature, BMW has carved out exceptions for this kind of stuff. Definitely worth a solid complaint at the dealer and whoever you can get ahold of, but don't expect them to change the manufacturing process let alone feel obligated to refund you.

At first I honestly thought that maybe OP's car was just an accident in manufacturing, sounds like this is the new normal though. You can have more colors, but only half the lighting haha.

I'm interested in hearing the response from the dealer though, do keep us posted OP.
Appreciate 0