07-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #11
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayblack View Post
Congrats. Are you running this with the stock exhaust?
Yes, I am running the stock exhaust with the flaps wired open. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Phil View Post
What's with the stock exhaust pops and cracks, are they still there and louder by now? with the most aftermarket exhaust they will be gone.
The pops and cracks are still there but it is louder. Sounds great with the window rolled down and still fairly quiet inside the cabin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob///M5 View Post
Congrats! What performance characteristics have changed?

Did you say dealer, as in BMW service dept, did install? That seems weird. How many hours of work?
Thanks. The dealer did the install and one more local forum member, Protious, will have his done by the dealer by Monday. They are catted which is why they were able to install them. They charged me for 6.5 hours of labor which is about what Nate said that they would take.

The result is that the throttle tip-in is what is much easier to do from a dead stop. Now you can hear the exhaust and easily tell when you are having wheelspin due to the revs changing tone. Breaks the tires loose easier now in first, second and third. Very, very happy with the results. As I stated before, sounds a lot like the raspy exhaust on the olders air-cooled Porsche Turbos. I will try to do a video/sound clip today or tomorrow.
2020 Chev. ZR2 Bison truck, Daily Driver
Appreciate 0