01-21-2011, 02:12 AM   #17
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubble bubble View Post
Quality Sound - if you are going to be in Germany in 2012/3 then you can get yourself an F30 wagon. The is definately going to be one made......for most of the world.

BMW USA has stated that THEY won't be importing wagons into the US. Canda gets shafted too, as we piggyback on BMWUSA. BMW USA only sells something like 2,000 wagons a year, out of close to 100,000 3 series. BMW USA does not import the 5 series wagon, which is available in most of the world, because they only sold 500 of them in 2009.

If you want an F30 wagon to be an option, we need to call and write BMW USA and tell them we want to buy an F30 wagon in 2012/3 and will buy an Audi of one isn't available. If BMW USA thinks they could sell 4-5,000 a year, they would import the new wagon

We're trying to stay over here for one more tour but I' mnot buying a euro spec car. I'd have to do that on the economy and the current 3er Touring is 31,000-47,000 Euro before adding ANY options. No thanks.

We buy US spec cars at a discounted price, a discount which, from what I'm being told, will drop to $1500 and pretty much defeats the purpose of buying over here and will cost them a TON of military sales.

I want to see the F30's nose before I'd decide anyway. I didn't notice it before but ALL the new models have the hood cutline above the kidneys and it look retarded.
Appreciate 0