Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
No you don't. The JSW has a 2.5l NA or 2.0l TDI motor. The A4 Avant has a 2.0l turbo with more power and tourque than any of the VW versions of that motor.

You also don't even have the same tranny. The JSW has either a manual or a DSG. A4 Avant was a 6-speed manual or Tip until this year when it went to 8-speed Tip only.

Last, it's not even the same chassis. The JSW is on the same chassis as the A3, GOlf, GTI, and Scirocco. The A4 is on the same platform as the Passat and CC.
well i do have to 2.0T, it may be slightly detuned but runs fine against my friends A4. I have the 09 SEL that got most of the bells and whistles, at least here in the US.

i do have the DSG. i have had experience with the tip/step trannys and they are relatively the same as the DSG. you don't feel much difference, sure there is some but I'm not going to select a wagon because one shifts .000000231 faster.

i did not know this about the chasis, but my butt feels like I'm sitting in the same sized car going from my JSW to my friends A4. the difference is inches or less and I'm not the type to select by those parameters.

we can agree to disagree but they are relatively the same sized cars, look a lot alike, and have a lot of similar styled components and prolly even share a few.

I'll likely be stuck with the A4 wagon in the future which is fine, I'd just prefer the BMW one.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter

Last edited by darkcloud; 01-19-2011 at 07:54 AM..
Appreciate 0