View Single Post
      09-01-2008, 01:23 PM   #14
aparikh1207
Rep
Drives: To many to list....ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie's Dad View Post
I was on the point of paging you to see what decision you had made. If you look at my post here: http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167490 you will see that I suddenly discovered the ML550, partly as a result of your original post. I remember the original ML series as cart-like and clunky, so I never really considered them again. But wow, have they ever changed -- particularly the 550, and even more particularly with the AMG body package.

Now I'm torn...
Now I'm probably a little biased as I have the ML550, but I would vote for the ML, unless you get the V8 50i. The 35i engine is good but, to me, does not have that oomph factor. I also love the sound of the engine, it has a good rumble to it at idle, and especially when you hit the gas. And I can tell you, GO LOOK AT THE 2009! In my opinion it looks leaps better than the 08 550. It has the updated front and rear bumpers, same as on the 09 ML63 AMG. It also has the 19" AMG rims, but the ride is still great. If you get the ML550, get the air suspension/active damping option, it is a must! Compared to normal steel springs, it is amazing, especially when you put it in sport mode. I eventually also decided for the Ml550 because of safety, which it has more features than the X6. It has second row airbags, and presafe (I don't think the X6 has it, but I may be wrong). Safety is always the number one priority I have. If I get in an accident, which I have no way of controlling, I want to be able to walk away unharmed. It just depends on what you want, a car that will do better in the bends (X6) or in acceleration (ML550 vs X6 35i, because the 50i is more comparable in price to ML63 when fully loaded). But that was my reasoning behind getting the ML550 over the X6. The ML also has a few more pluses such as more space inside for both the front and back passengers, 5 passenger (doesn't matter if you never have more than 4 people, which is reality for a lot of people). The X6 has a very different design (which I like, but some don't, so that depends on you), it has a more spartan interior (I like the ML550's better), but I like the seats slightly better in the X6. The entertainment/navigation system has been upgraded in the ML, and now is very good. The X6 idrive is good, but I would wait for the new idrive in the spring time to be phased into the X6 as it looks MUCH better. Hope this helps you decide. I still think that when choosing between a X6 and Ml550, life is good. Because, either one you choose, is an outstanding choice. You just have to decide which one you will like in the long run (will the X6 styling grow old quickly?).
Appreciate 0