09-01-2008, 12:15 PM   #13
Suzie's Dad
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: ML550/AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparikh1207 View Post
was just browsing through the forums and saw my old post resurrected. Thought I'd tell you guys, took delivery of my 2009 Ml550 (face-lifted) thursday, and it is truly amazing. The updates they've done to the outside make it look very aggressive, and the interior updates to the nav system are great. It also pulls like no other, it's blazing fast (for an suv). For the same price as a loaded 35i I got this. Have seen more X6's on the road, and must say, they are very imposing, in a good way. The cornering on the ML is surprisingly good too, with the air suspesion/active damping system option, just hit the sport mode button, and it becomes great. The X6 still beats it in the corners though (as all BMW's handle great), but the ML is still 9/10 (for an SUV). Good luck with your X6's
I was on the point of paging you to see what decision you had made. If you look at my post here: http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167490 you will see that I suddenly discovered the ML550, partly as a result of your original post. I remember the original ML series as cart-like and clunky, so I never really considered them again. But wow, have they ever changed -- particularly the 550, and even more particularly with the AMG body package.

Now I'm torn...
Appreciate 0