View Single Post
      12-16-2023, 03:52 PM   #38
Leaftors
Rep
Drives: BMW x1 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightarmor View Post
Recently took a trip from Seattle to Monterey for Monterey car week and it was the first time we've taken the X1 out of state. Still running the KW's after the last (final?) install and happy to report that while there is still a bit of a shimmy at low speeds it's for the most part not noticeable (or maybe we just go used to it). In either case, was very happy to be running the KW's on this epic drive. We took I5 down to grants pass than headed to the coast via 101, and took HWY-1 from Leggett over to Fort Bragg. Amazing drive, even in the X1. Just about to hit 65K miles on this thing and working like a champ. Had been experiencing a bit of a stumble/misfire a while back and was hoping a change of spark plugs would help but learned quickly that high temps seem to affect this (highest ambient we saw was 110°F).

Was very happy I recently fixed the plugged up AC drain as we experienced no musty smells from the AC during our trip and after returning home. Drove though a lot of smoke o the way back up as Oregon was on fire from Ashland all the way up to Seattle.

Adding a few pics for your enjoyment. I actually signed up for display at Legends of the Autobahn. And I love the fuel economy on this thing!
looks amazing, what's the wheel and tire size and suspension height?
Appreciate 0