Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Quality is(n't) job one.
I'd like to address this now that I've taken delivery and run the truck for just over 1,000 miles in 6 weeks. Mine is a 2-door 2.3L w/manual transmission. So keep in mind the Bronco Base model had a MY'21 MSRP of $30K. So the majority of the hard parts of the design are for a $30K vehicle.

My Black Diamond arrived nearly flawless. The battery was dead from sitting four months awaiting shipment. My 2nd test drive before I signed for it, it had a low frequency rattle over bumps. It was in the right rear. It sounded like the trim panel was loose. I stopped opened the tailgate and smacked the panel, it popped into place and been silent ever since. At that time I noticed the MIC top wasn't plugged in, which means the heated rear glass and wiper were inoperable. No big deal, the pigtail was missed at assembly time. Dealer fished out the pigtails (electic and washer fluid) and connected them. Oh, yes, I found a seat hold down bolt in the drain channel of the rubber washout floor. It's a black anodized bolt dropped into a black rubber floor in a black interior; its dark inside the interior. Overall, just a few minor issues on a mass production vehicle.

Fit and finish inside and out is perfect. The MIC top is completely free of leaks, noises or rattles (as been complained about on the Forums). The MIC top cosmetics are excellent as well. I didn't like the clutch and shifter at first, but have grown to like them. Mostly a cause of driving BMW 3-Series for the past 30 years; its a different transmission from a different manufacturer in a different vehicle type.

For my money, the execution of the assembly build and overall design is above my expectations. Given all the COVID related issues Ford had launching the Bronco, again for my money, their job as executed is way above par IMO. It's a quality product.
Appreciate 0