Rep
Drives: C63S Sedan|350Z

Garage List
2007 Nissan 350Z  [0.00]
2012 BMW 135i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
To supplement your last two posts...

Some of the respondents who speak to build quality and reliability and NVH in this thread seem to not understand the MSRP base price of the Base trim 2-Door is $30,000. So regardless of how far you go up the trim levels the vehicle was designed to a $30K price point, which means the paint and interior trim reflects that price level. The trim levels generally add off-road capability rather than luxury as you go up the scale. The Outer Banks trim goes into a relative luxury mall-crawler model, but the Big Bend, Black Diamond and Badlands all increase the off-road capability of the Base model. The Wild track just throws in most all of the kitchen sink (the two packages that can be added to the trim levels). Considering Ford offers the Base trim with the highest capable off-road package (Sasquatch) says a lot about their intent for the Bronco.

What also I think is missed is the Bronco is basically intended to be a dirt bike in automotive form. Either roof style is fully removeable and the doors are removable. The interior is expected to get dirty (dust, mud, moisture). In last 20 years or so, unless you've owned a Jeep CJ or Wrangler, there has been no vehicle USA with these attributes, which is a low-priced, modular, off-road capable SUV. For 14 years I owned a Base model YJ (the first Jeep Wrangler), which was a just modernized CJ to address the CJ's shortcomings related to its handling dynamics (rollovers). But it was still a sheet metal tin can with zero sound insulation, outdoor carpet, metal dashboard, and a flimsy cloth top with vinyl seats. It cost $12,500 in 1995, which is a $24K price point in 2022; I certainly didn't expect it to be a Range Rover.

The new Ford Bronco meets that ethos; a low cost off roader automotive dirt bike. My Bronco is just under $39K, which is about $20.5K in 1995 dollars; it's a shitload nicer than my 1995 YJ. Comparing a Base 1995 YJ to a Base 2021 Bronco, the 1995 price of the $30K Bronco would have been just $16,000. Considering the equipment level of each, I'm not sure what there is to complain about.
Just curious, how much ADM did you pay?