12-08-2020, 08:26 PM   #32
knightarmor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmoris View Post
Would you say there’s any value in getting coilovers at this point over lowering springs, given the restrictions mentioned? The H&R springs claim they lower height by 1.5-2” which seems comparable to what coilovers can achieve before the wobble starts playing a factor.
If you can get passed the 15/20mph wobble I still think it's worth it. You can't beat the KW valved dampers. I warn you though it can get extremely annoying. I've gone back and forth between the KW's and stock trying different things out and currently playing with ride heights. I'm currently at ~1.8"F/1.9" rear lowered from stock and the shimmy comes and goes randomly. Sometimes it's subtle, sometimes it's not there and sometimes it's very much there. For me though the handling and comfort at speeds above 20mph make it worth it.

I am totally changing the dynamics of the vehicle though as I now run 235/50-18 Pirelli Scorpions (Volvo spec) on OE wheels with 10mm spacers all around. For me this gives me the handling and comfort I am looking for (shimmy shakes excluded of course). I (and everyone else) should keep in mind that the X1 is not a performance/sport vehicle by any means.
Appreciate 0