Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
What's a reasonable cost for the possible loss of life? I don't know. Personally, I think it can reopen and limit attendance to 1/4 what it used to be. They can charge double the price to adjust for lower attendance towards operation cost. Maybe only allow certain rides to open. Shorter lines, less people, and strict face mask enforcement.
Disney has already opened in Florida with great success with no linking of "spreading" as a result.

The point here is that California is handling this differently than basically any other state and their numbers are no better.

Again, these "Covid deaths" are pretty loose in their accuracy. I know people discount the skepticism, but the CDC flat out tells you that Covid-19 doesn't kill young and/or healthy people. The numbers back that 100%. Literally 94% of all Covid deaths have an average of 2.6 other conditions accompanying it and over 60% of deaths are people over 75. Think about that. Older than 75. You really think Covid alone killed those elderly folks?

This is not in any way to minimize those who have died, but numbers need context and a lot of analysis to make sense. There have been many reports of "overstating" Covid deaths for funding, political reasons, and just flat out lying. Right now, the CDC reports 88,208 cases out of all Covid deaths that had Influenza and Pneumonia present at time of death. You tell me if Covid was the only cause for death in those and which one killed the patient first.

Had we categorized H1N1 in the same way, we would have seen 70 million cases (according to CDC) and a lot more deaths if we used similar methodology.
The problem is that it has become a political argument instead of a practical one. There's too much politics involved to make an informed choice anymore because even the facts themselves are skewed for political goals. As almost always, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Problem is, we have to weigh human life vs quality of life, and when things go wrong people look for who to blame instead on focusing on what to do next.

Keep in mind that Orange County is significantly republican and it's has been a battleground for Dems and Reps to prove a point rather than solve a problem. Open it up and infection goes up, Newsom gets blamed. Keep it closed and the economy suffers, Newsom gets blamed. Open it up and the economy improves, Newsom gets blamed for not doing it sooner and the Republicans get a bonus "told you so". There is little down side for the GOP because all positive outcomes can be attributed to local representatives, while all blame can be placed on the state government. That is the advantage of not being in the position of making the tough decisions.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

But I digress. Politics sub is gone and this isn't appropriate for the forum. However, when attacking a large group of people for "ruining" a state with the biggest successful economy in the US from a distance without sufficient perspective, I think it's fair to provide a different POV. Too much finger pointing and vitriol going on. This is the UNITED states. Ostracizing people because of where they are from instead of who they are.... that's not the America we should aim to be.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
minn1914037.50