View Single Post
      06-04-2020, 10:51 AM   #5
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

If I was black and the only black person in my whole company I might also ask the other employees to say something about it.

Agree with the above, I'm sure F1 isn't interested in him calling different world leaders for their abuses.

Don't agree that what he said is upsetting or out of line and of course many would like him to be silent and go with the flow. If the system works for you it is unlikely you want it to change. As he says, 11 years in and nothing has changed and as expected at least one person here would like him to talk about something else.

Quote:
“I see those of you who are staying silent, some of you the biggest of stars yet you stay silent in the midst of injustice,” he wrote on Instagram. “Not a sign from anybody in my industry which of course is a white-dominated sport.

“I’m one of the only people of colour there yet I stand alone. I would have thought by now you would see why this happens and say something about it but you can’t stand alongside us. Just know I know who you are, and I see you.”

Hamilton is the only black driver in Formula One and has been outspoken on the sport’s need for greater diversity in the past. “There’s barely any diversity in F1,” Hamilton said in 2018. “Still nothing’s changed in 11 years I’ve been here.”