View Single Post
      02-23-2018, 01:53 PM   #4
nsa100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 540i & G30 540i M Sport

It is very subjective. You really need to try and listen to a system make your own judgment.

For reference, like others have said on the 7 series forum....the Bass is not as strong as the Bang & Olufsen in the previous generation, which I had in my F11 and was pretty much perfect for a factory system.

It has a very forward/bright sound, the treble and mid range are slightly overpowering the underseat subs in my opinion. There is quite an aggressive roll off of the bass beyond 3/4 volume. There are a few reports (7 series) of people having their amps replaced due to failure........I wonder if BMW have now slightly lowered the output to the subs due to these failures ?

I have added 2No extra 8" subs in the luggage area to help bass. Not massive amounts, just to rebalance the factory roll off at higher volume levels.

Overall it is a step up from the Harmon Kardon system which I have in my other G30, which is pretty good, and now having extensively listened to the B&W system, I am not sure I would pay for it again.