View Single Post
      01-28-2020, 08:41 PM   #22
DC X3M40i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Not a local but folks used to live there so traveled often with my kids...

The London Transport Museum is great for kids, old trains and buses they can climb on. It's right off Covent Garden so you can also wander there and watch the street performers which can be quite entertaining.

You didn't list it but I'm sure the Tower is on your list of touristy things. The Imperial War Museum is excellent as well. Churchill War Rooms are great as well. For really kind of cheesy, my kids love the London Dungeon. The Natural History Museum (a great dinosaur collection!) and the Science Museum are very close to each other and something boys always wanted to go back to.

My kids loved the tube. Do your research as its been too many years for me but kids ride free up to a certain age. Either way get an Oyster card for use on the tubes if you choose to go that route. Easy to top up and cheaper than buying individual tickets for every ride.

For Indian, a more casual place we love is The Punjab on Neal St, just off Shaftsbury, an easy walk from the Covent Garden tube stop. And a word of warning, DON'T let your kids talk you into walking up the stairs in the Covent Garden tube station.... made that mistake ONCE! For something a bit more upscale Indian, we love Amaya which is just off Belgrave Square.

If the kids get a craving for pizza Pizza Express is a chain which is solid. We usually stopped at the one on Brompton Road. More adult but excellent italian try Sale e Pepe just off Sloan Street.

Edit: If you get a chance for some adult time, wander around, stop in the local pub. Personally I avoid the big pubs near the tourist areas. My local pub was the Plumbers Arms near Victoria Station.
natural history museum? check! love that stuff... kids enjoy teh dinosaur exhibits as well. so im sure that will be added to the list. transportation museums are fun as well. we have the transit museum here in NYC, although not huge..i can spend a good amount of time just sitting in an old train car soaking in the historic nature

thank you for your recommendations
Appreciate 0