Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Have you by chance read "The Circle"?
I have not but will look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post

One time I tried getting an uber or lyft (dont remember which) at the Miami airport. What a fucking disaster that was. Had no reception outside so went inside to request on wifi. Then waited and waited in that gas fume infested oven forever. All the app told me was that it was a corolla or something, I don't even think this specific time it told me what color the car was. Needless to say there were about 1000 corollas in there and all the ones with uber/lyft signs seem to end up picking up other people. After like 30 min of this shit we gave up and got a cab.

Then Uber/Lyft wanted to charge me some kind of fee because I canceled the ride.
I only do airport drop offs but NEVER pickups. The reason is that for drivers like myself, you have to wait in a parking lot close to the terminal and wait for your turn (que). On average a driver would be #80-120 so just sitting there wasting time isn’t sufficient IMHO.

In your situation the driver never called you? Passengers I’ve heard usually win the cancelled ride fee as it gets credited.

Last night I had a interesting passenger. Got a request in Brickell through Lyft which was a female IDK maybe early/mid 20’s. I’ll be nice and say a 6.75/10 but mainly a 6. She was wasted af/lit/whatever and she had two friends help her get in my Civic. One of her friends was fine af and gave me her number to text her whenever I dropped off her friend as they were worried about her. I said no biggie, I’ll text. Chick passed out after a few minutes and had a hard time waking her up when I arrived at her apartment complex about 20 minutes away. I had to finger her to wake her up which she did (I kid, just called her name like 35 times). She gets out of the car, hugs and holds me as she stumbling and leans against her SUV saying she couldn’t get in. I’m like WTF you should go into your apartment. Then got another Lyft request and said I had to run but all of a sudden she wants to cuddle? More hugs and trying to
Kiss me but I backed off and told her that she needed to get to her apartment. Text her friend and showed her pics of her walking away and then I left. Friend kept texting/calling me all night saying that they couldn’t get a hold of her. I said hey, I’m just a driver, not a damn babysitter lol.
Appreciate 0