08-24-2022, 06:30 AM   #152
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBOCHOP View Post
I'm on to my 3rd X1, I started with the E84 and now have my 2nd F48. I would agree as a slightly larger individual that the standard seats in the E84 were better as the cushions in the F48 are slightly too short, so your legs aren't always getting enough support, the other complaint would be the increase in road noise, and I've had both the Pirelli and Bridgestone tyres with one being only slightly quieter than the other.

Other than that I have zero complaints, especially since moving from a 18i to a 20d. What is much better in the F48 version, is the rear leg room and an almost flat floor, although I guess that was at the expense of rear wheel drive in the S-Drive variants. I also like the inclusion of the cargo nets and roof mounts as it's a nice way to separate the cabin when I have the dog in the back.
The idea behind that F series was space. However, seats are smaller and perception plays a role too. The floor is indeed different as also the sitting position is different.
The E84 can have nets as well.
The E84 stays with me as I love it very much and it has already a sentimental value for me. Plus looks like new anyway and is barely used for its age.
Enjoy your car!
Appreciate 0