03-05-2008, 02:28 PM   #5
pbdm4k
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerZealot View Post
Because they tell you when your brakes are out? It's one of those "I drive a BMW and are lazy features" I dont see why if you have it why you wouldn't want to use it. The sensor should be plugged INTO the brake caliper. At least that's how it was on my E46, basically as it wears it gets to the point were the pads dont cover the sensor anymore and the rotor wears away a little of the sensor and it trips the signal.
I agree with Reach, sensors are just primitive little trip wire mechanisms that aren't really needed.

If you're someone like who tracks the car regularly and does their own maintenance, checking brakes is part of the regimen and the sensors aren't needed.

I drive the BMW cuz I love the performance, not cuz I'm a snob who can't check my own brakes. But more power to them for supporting BMW's dealerships by paying for overpriced repairs. Personally I can't afford it so I'm forced to get my hands dirty.
'03 VW GTI, '99 Audi A4 1.8TQ, '00 VW Jetta 1.85T, '09 BMW 335i xDrive, '04 BMW Z4 3.0i, '01 Audi TT 1.8T, '04 Volvo S80 2.5T
Appreciate 0