12-08-2023, 06:39 PM   #24
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
Trust me on this now, the world does not remotely care that Martha Stewart is a former convict.

To gain perspective on the fact, note her string of post-release professional successes. In summary, the people who are her fans and who buy her products (I'm not among them) simply do not care about what today is considered ancient history.

I suspect most are not even aware of Ms. Stewart's two decades ago four-month timeout. And if they were informed of what Ms. Stewart did while she was jailed, her stock with her fans would rise noticeably.

Regard it as you will, this is reality in early 21st century America when it comes to celebrities regularly producing very bigly for their most devoted fans.
I care and I'm sure there are others. Just like I care, for example, that Chris Brown acted like a caveman bashing in Rihanna's face.

...but, anyway, it doesn't matter either way as I'm not into her/his stuff at all pre- or post-conviction.

Yup, Yankeeland has been quite superficial and ludicrous, how else can a girl who got her sextape 'accidentally' released suddenly become super-famous, w her family tagging along? Just inexplicable.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0