Thread: Windows 7
View Single Post
      02-26-2020, 09:22 PM   #25
mxchris727
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 M5, '06 325i, '12 M3

I bought a $1,500 Lenovo X1 Thinkpad through my work, it came with zero bloatware which was nice. However, after being prompted with "tips", updates, and errors non-stop every time I went to use it, I had enough. The final straw was when the fingerprint scanner stopped working so I sent it in for service. The had to replace the mother board and upper part of the case to fix it. The laptop came back all scratched up from the depot.

I literally dropped the computer on the counter, got in my car, and drove to the apple store to buy a Macbook Air. I can tell you that it's like owning your first computer all over again. The features are actually useful, everything is perfectly thought through, and Apple does not try to upsell you software within their own platform. It's a night and day difference. I can actually use the computer focusing on my work/leisure without noticing the OS in the background. And, the compatibility with the iPhone is bar-none. Handoff is instantaneous and I get call/text through the laptop (which I never realized is so beneficial). The other thing to note is then you first set up the Mac, it will transfer ALL of your documents and and settings automatically via WiFi. It's smart enough to create its own hotspot for the PC to connect to so that file transfers happen instantly.

I swear I wish I had done mac years and years ago. Apples commitment to privacy should win anyone over. The price you pay is for the software.
MKSixer34171.50