09-23-2019, 02:57 PM   #1
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

BMW 2020 Model Year Production Schedule

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Here is the latest BMW production schedule for MY2020.

While the majority of the models on this list have already switched over to the 2020 model year, there are some still some interesting things to be gleaned from this chart.

The i8, which is one of only three models not yet on MY2020 (the other two being the i3 and the brand new X3 30e) ends early this year, in June. This is due to the fact that this is the final year for that product, and no replacement is planned at this time. However, rumors persist that an M PHEV model borrowing the i8 architecture may yet materialize in a few years. So stay tuned.

The F32 4 Series Coupe is set to end permanently in June 2020 as has been forecast for some time. This chart indicates the F82 M4 will go longer, until October, but this may be an error because it has always closed out along with the Series model in the past. The F33 4 Series and F83 M4 Convertible go a few months longer. While this chart show October for those as well, insider ynguldyn recently moved his estimate from that month to August instead. The F36 4 Series Gran Coupe, on the other hand, will remain in production for one more model year, starting in August 2020.

The G30 5 Series ends in June as usual. However, from July, the updated LCI model is expected to take over.

The F97 X3 M and F98 X4 M will end MY2020 before the standard G01 X3 and G02 X4 rather than having a shortened MY2020 to sync up with them. They may be updated at that time with some of the new X3/X4 features they missed on due to the early MY2019 start.

Appreciate 3
tjlees349.00
gsanto40.00