07-17-2019, 09:40 PM   #186
kavatski
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 30iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by celo View Post
  • Q3: : For those of you who have coded folding mirrors with Comfort locking, I have a question around timing. If I close my car from the key fob, the mirrors fold instantly, there is no need to long press the close button on the fob. If I try to close the car using Comfort locking, there is a slight delay, i.e. I have to leave my hand over the handle for about 1/2 second more or so to actually fold the mirrors even after setting the delay to 0. If I just tap the handle it closes the car...but the mirrors don't fold, I have to tap and hold for around a 1/2 - 1 second to get the mirrors folding. Are you guys seeing the same behavior?
I have to resurrect this one because mine is the exact same way, and after reading through all the coding threads I can't tell if that's just the way it is, or what. I have the delay set to zero but as above, it only works instantly from the fob. From the door handle I have to hold the ridges for about half a second and then the mirrors fold... but the sunroof cover also starts to close and the windows start to roll up, if open, even though I have the sunroof delay set to 3.5 seconds and the windows to 1.5. So that seems weird.

I've checked and double-checked and all the settings seem right, but I can't get it to fold the mirrors (and nothing else!) with just a touch of the ridges. Can anyone who's done this coding confirm how theirs actually works? If I'm trying to do something that isn't possible it'd be nice to know.
Appreciate 1