04-23-2019, 07:18 AM   #165
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by celo View Post
Hi guys, nice to meet you all, I'm new the BMW communit. I recently bought an X1 F48 (made April 2016) and wanted to code some changes in the car's behavior (which was an interesting exercise for me as I've done a lot of coding for the past 10 years on VAG cars and was looking forward to see the possibilities that BMW offers in this regard). I won't bore you any longer with the details so I have a couple of questions that I was not able to find an answer to and I was hoping you guys might be able to help me out:
Note: I've gone for the easy coding method using BimerCode.
  • Q1 : Car is equipped with 6UP Nav Plus AND I've tried to code IDrive 6 lite, yet when I navigate under HU_NBT - 3000 HMI, I cannot find any HMI_ID_VERSION param. (or similar), which makes me ask myself if I really have ID5 and not ID4( I could find any definite how-to to determine exact Idrive version but I believed it was an NBT ID5) ? Has anyone been able to change this in BC in a F48 of this age(Apr '16) or older?
  • Q2 : Car is equipped with Sport electric seats with memory (options 459 and 481) so I've tried to code Easy Entry , yet when navigating to module 3012 EAH I cannot find the parameters outlined in this coding post . Has anyone been able to code this using BC in a F48 of this age(Apr '16) or older? ..Trying to understand if this is a BC app limitation or a car limitation (I'm rooting for the 1st option)
  • Q3: : For those of you who have coded folding mirrors with Comfort locking, I have a question around timing. If I close my car from the key fob, the mirrors fold instantly, there is no need to long press the close button on the fob. If I try to close the car using Comfort locking, there is a slight delay, i.e. I have to leave my hand over the handle for about 1/2 second more or so to actually fold the mirrors even after setting the delay to 0. If I just tap the handle it closes the car...but the mirrors don't fold, I have to tap and hold for around a 1/2 - 1 second to get the mirrors folding. Are you guys seeing the same behavior?
Hi
Welcome to the forum, quick answers to your questions;
1. Your car most likely has an Entrynav HU, in which case you will not be able to code software update without an fsc code which are not available (outside of BMW) for ENTRYNAV / ENTRYNAV2 the changeover date was approx 07/017 and coincided with updated hardware as well as software. Unfortunately Bimmercode incorrectly labels the HU as HU_NBT when it is not. Option 6UP is just “business navigation” with larger 8.8” screen it is not the same as s609 professional navigation (some F48 in Russia, Japan, Taiwan and China have NBTevo HU but most F48 do not).

2. There is a detailed post covering the settings needed for easy entry, may I suggest you start by reading through this thread and finding the posts. Try post number 110 in this thread as an example. I would suggest you go into expert mode and use search facility in order to search for location. The exact location may change but usually you will find where they are easily, so search on terms like “einausstiegshilfe” (entryexithelp in German). Try searching in seat module Ecu first. Once you find the location, all of the necessary parameters should be there.

3. Comfort access mirror fold default setting has a “long press” requirement on the key fob but can be changed (and may vary by market), which yours may have been. You can change settings, most are in Bimmercode easy mode, either in HU or BDC Ecu. Note also some settings can be accessed via the iDrive menu dependent on vehicle HU. I am sure others can be of better assistance on this.

Last edited by MJE60; 04-23-2019 at 08:05 AM..
Appreciate 1
Takabo49.00