View Single Post
      07-13-2017, 08:52 AM   #4
tomperson
Uruguay
Rep
Drives: C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BemweeBE View Post
Coming from a C4 with the stats you mention (non-turbo engine), it will likely feel like a rocket ship. So in the absolute it might not be the most powerful car (sDrive 18i), but relative to what you've spent 4 years in it should feel like a big step up.
That is my gut feeling as well. But, trying to make a decision based on what i can read online (since they don't stock this particular X1 model) is hard, which is why i ask people for their opinion. And, you know, all reviews out there are for the 2.0 turbo engine. Thanks for chiming in!

Quote:
Beyond that, I imagine they at least have *a* X1 (different engine) for you to drive. You can make up your mind from there on.
Yes...i can certainly make an informed decision on the material quality, practicality, that sort of thing...just not the engine...hence my question goes straight in that direction.

Quote:
But in my view, this is offering everything you could reasonably want from a 'premium' vehicle without descending into the absurd (think the new A8 with not one but *3* big-ass digital screens - you can only look at one at the same time). Especially if you have budget for luxury features like the panoramic sunroof and Harman Kardon, it'll probably blow you away relative to what you've got today. I would recommend two more options though: M-Sport steering wheel, as this is your constant contact point with the car and it feels/looks so much nicer, and sports seats, as they do a nice job of 'enveloping' you which the standard ones don't (they are more bench-like).
Thanks again for your kind advice...Appreciate it!
Appreciate 0