View Single Post
      02-26-2020, 04:43 PM   #697
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Damn, I wish I could arrest some from my 3rd grade class!

Murf, you seem to imply that you matured out of attitudes like wot I still have about cops, but say nothing about the behavior of the cops back then?
Truth:
As a kid, I did not sit the line between good & bad. The nuns thought I read too much, but that's another story. I was brought up to be military, like my god-father who was exec officer on a nuke sub. I went to the comissioning & lunched with Admirals!
When a pre-teen I hung with the local cops often. During the day they worked for my BFs dad, doing construction & making dirt-track race cars (small town, no full time cops). During the summer my family went to Fire Island, & my BF there had a dad & two uncles, NYC lt. & capts. They had lots of time off in the summer, & they played ball, took us fishing, etc, often.
As a teen & into my early 20s, I was probably naked in front of cops more often than anyone here!
I rest my case. I realize we need some traffic enforcement, but I draw the line at certain things, like when pulled for no license plate light:
"Can I get out & look?"
"Yes"
"But it's on!?"
"You must have just done that...."
Said cop didn't show on the court date. 'Nuf said.

Murf

PS: Q: Why do they do that? (Yes, I have more stories!)
Attached Images

Last edited by Littlebear; 03-06-2020 at 09:21 AM..
Appreciate 0