02-26-2020, 03:02 PM   #688
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
The reasons that officers pull cars over in a situation like you're describing are going to be situationally specific, the officer will likely have reasons based on road and weather conditions and which car he feels is the one that is offending. Also, which is safest to stop from his safety and the other cars on the road's safety. So I'm not 100% clear on your question with respect to the order of the cars where he was, which one he got with his measuring device etc.....but I would often answer the "why didn't you pull that guy over" with when you go fishing do you catch every fish in the lake?
Forgive me, but I expect better from the cops. The idea is not to punish speeders, but to keep the people safe. Big SUVs on a parkway are not as safe as a BMW at the same speed. The cop said I was going faster than the two trucks, but since I was between the trucks...?
My take: No cop wants to deal with scared children & stressed parents. Pull the single guy in the red BMW instead of the huge white trucks filled with children. It will look just fine in the book.

When I was a kid, the cops who stopped my Mom & Pop would often check the tires for safety. Now they just look at their little video screen machines (ie: radar guns). They used to seem like safety officers, but now are often little more than tax-men-in-cute-uniforms.

Murf

Last edited by Littlebear; 02-26-2020 at 03:15 PM..
Appreciate 0