View Single Post
      02-26-2020, 02:09 PM   #684
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
We all have stories like this, so it's just too easy to dismiss this one as a case of privilege or arrogance. I have a few more if needed!

One sunny Sunday morn before 9a on the Taconic Parkway (a road lined with towns that feed off of the parkway traffic), I was traveling for many miles with a huge SUV in front of me, and the same behind me. The cop pulled me, saying I was going fastest.
1) This was obviously a 'convoy'. Pull the leader?
2) Why pull the safest vehicle, a sports sedan, rather than the huge trucks which are so much more dangerous to self & others, & more likely to have children inside?

Murf
The reasons that officers pull cars over in a situation like you're describing are going to be situationally specific, the officer will likely have reasons based on road and weather conditions and which car he feels is the one that is offending. Also, which is safest to stop from his safety and the other cars on the road's safety. So I'm not 100% clear on your question with respect to the order of the cars where he was, which one he got with his measuring device etc.....but I would often answer the "why didn't you pull that guy over" with when you go fishing do you catch every fish in the lake?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24980.50