02-14-2020, 06:20 AM   #5
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Definitely into range, my company offers benefits for this brand and the lowered price is slight below limit. I was first looking for Versa 2, but was not too convinced.

Questions:

- I read that battery lasts up to 4 days (depends onto your usage) but with GPS enabled only up to 10 hours. Whats your average duration, lets say with BT and music partly on?

- Its watertight up to 50m, that means you haven't to remove the watch for going under shower?

- Displaying workouts, heartbeattrends and so on; graphic or just scaled per day?

- Do you own the previous model or Ionic 2?

Thank you for your offer, here goes:

- List says battery time 7 days under smartwatch mode und just 4 hours with GPS and music? That seems quite poor for this watch. Im sure you could offer better experience, no?

- Connect IQ shop: Access free or do I have to abo or pay else for it?

- Pre installed apps: If I won't use them and do just a long work out into the gym, does the watch count and display not pre-selected values though?

I had looked first for the Garmin Forerunner 645 music but read several very critic comments and so I went off this brand. You're right, the watch offers very much gadgets, more as I'd asked.

Will get hands on both this weekend, thank you.
1) I'll be honest I've never used the music feature, although I do have it. I have used the GPS often and never realized it's affect on battery life. I would say I charge it on avg every 4-5 days. It charges to 100% in under an hour.

2) Little of both. Consider it the apple store or andriod. A lot of stuff is free, like different watch faces, fitness aps, etc. It has a lot of stuff on it.

3) The watch recognizes your activity to an extent. With that said it I haven't really checked to see if it notices the activity type. Essentially when your heart rate is elevated it tracks it as being active. More workouts typically go as follows. Cardio to start, so I select cardio on the watch (takes 3 seconds to do). Then I lift, so I select the weightlifting. Following that I run, so I'll select outdoor running which activates the GPS or treadmill running which will just track stride length, etc.

I like this watch because it is not overly large, and still looks professional so I can wear it at work and what not.
Appreciate 1
Dang3r12503.00