View Single Post
      02-09-2020, 06:47 PM   #2
satz
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Hi, I went through this dilemma last year when ordering my X2. In the end I went for DDC with the 19 inch wheels, but would have loved to have the 20s.

BMW does not want to give an answer to that question. I literally even raised it when I was at BMW Welt in Munich last month as well as previously with my dealership genius.

BMW welt's genius implied it might be due to the way they're made on the production line....but that sounds hokey. What does it take to put 20s, esp as customer is paying for them?

They couldn't even answer whether there would be any problem with DDC if I fitted after-market 20 or 21 inch wheels.

p.s. I noted that downunder you can't get DDC as an option on the M35i because it comes with 20 inch wheels so it's definetely mutually exclusive.

Anyone know if this is the same on X1?

Not sure if the Msport with DDC is the same as 'Msport adaptive'. I've only heard the latter used for X3.

The DDC options on the Msport X2 gives the same ride height as the non adaptive Msport suspension.

On 'sport' mode it roughly gives the same ride as the non-DDC Msport. When you switch to 'comfort' it smooths the ride noticeably, without being too soft.

You do all this selection through the drive experience switch and on i-drive.

cheers

Last edited by satz; 02-09-2020 at 10:53 PM..
Appreciate 0