View Single Post
      01-12-2020, 09:55 AM   #31
KrisJ
Rep
Drives: 330e G20

Some thoughts:

1) Why oh why were the interiors not updated? Those gage clusters and e.g. shifter look super dated by now. Same way they hobbled the otherwise superb looking 7 series...

2) the closeups of the badging show dreadful paint orange peel effect. I was quite disappointed to see that on my new 330e. A car of the prices BMW charges should have better paint. My previous Volvos were much better in that regard.

3) I Dont know where BMW gets those ev ranges. Even with careful driving, the 330e never drops below 18-20 KWh/100 km. I assume because, unlike with Tesla, the electric motor goes through a gearbox. Moreover, the full 12KWh of battery are not available for driving it seems, with a sizeable top and bottom buffer (to protect the battery against aging?). 20 KWh/100 km with 12 KWh battery should get me 60 km, even considering HVAC power draw, it would seem not all of the battery is really available: on a good day I get 40-42 km out of it, not the quoted 40 miles (I.e. 66 or so km)

That being said, in Hybrid mode, some 12000 km's in, average fuel consumption is only 4,1 l/100 km which is way better than the small Diesels still popular in Europe. All that while not really changing my driving habits and easily pulling away from idiots trying to tailgate on the highways in XBoost mode
Appreciate 0