View Single Post
      07-24-2019, 01:40 PM   #25
dtla1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Weather will almost guarantee a HAM victory. He's won the last 10 rain affected races if my memory is correct.

On the highlighted portion: I would hope that we, as fans, can wish for the competition to increase their competence rather than the class of the field stumble. While a W is still a W, there is no glory in beating a downed opponent, only a hollow victory.

SF and RBR need to up their game. McLaren is on the mend and will be much closer to the sharp end of the grid by the end of the year.

Better racing with stronger teams, not winning because of failure. HAM's victory over LEC's failure at the beginning of the season is not what we as fans should want to see.

Cheers-mk

Agreed, from a purely fan of the sport's perspective your right on. But from the perspective of a spectator that just wants to see excitement, an interesting race is an interesting race.

Kinda like that NFL game last season (I can't remember who it was playing, maybe Browns vs someone else?) where the teams individually had horrible records within the NFL, but that individual game was really good because of how evenly matched they were.

I also would prefer even racing from the teams without external factors, but I gotta take an eventful or exciting weekend when we can get it.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50