09-06-2018, 06:48 PM   #27
CntryClub007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i | 2015 X5-50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000Z3M View Post
hard pass.

I just had a 330i xdrive as a loaner and I hated the way the 4 banger sounds. Yes, I know this will sound different, but nope, going to stick with the wonderful inline 6s.
I want to hear more about the 330i...did it have ASD? I can't stand that stuff, so I hope you weren't hearing that, ha.

Seriously though, stock exhaust / options I assume? Any 4-banger BMW with stock exhaust sounds terrible. Dress it up with M-Sport exhaust (such as here) or an aftermarket exhaust and SAT and it's the best 4 cylinders I've heard IMO. N20 and B48 are pretty impressive motors.

I love the way my N20 sounds. Everyone says how much they suck and while every N20 doesn't run Methanol injection and a JB4 etc...I just can't get rid of this thing, it's too much fun to drive for the price. Granted, it was a heavily optioned 320i w/ RWD etc...I think they get more criticism than praise.

I think this X2 would be pretty brutal in this non-M35i configuration, I will tell you that. This M35i looks slick, but as with everything, I'm curious to see the price/options and if the features of the vehicle speak to a nice overall value for the consumer.
Appreciate 0