lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by windtendo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
And if you want to have consistently for the last 3, use the parking brake switch. Hold it in the up position and the car will threshold brake until released.
Wow I never knew that... You're saying that little parking brake switch can be lifted up while driving and it will apply maximum braking pressure until it's released? I've always been too chicken to pull it while moving (in a controlled environment of course).
That's correct, as long as the speed doesn't dip below 5mph.

I want to add a caveat warning now since this thread will inevitably be resurrected in the future.

*When Active Driving Assistant Plus is replaced by or supplemented with Active Driving Assistant Pro, pulling the parking brake while driving activates Emergency Stop Assist. This Autonomous Driving Aid activates the Emergency Flashers and all interior lights, then will either stop the car within its lane, steer the car to a clearer lane closer to the shoulder and come to a stop, or if conditions allow, steer the car onto the shoulder clear of traffic and stop. The eCall system will then automatically initiate a call once the car has come to a stop.
Appreciate 0