View Single Post
      05-01-2015, 10:48 AM   #32
AKRAPOVICOWNS
Captain
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalls90
Not remotely upset by this. There are already too many models as is.

9-Series Coupe: Do we really need a coupe bigger than the 6 series?

Z2 Roadster: The Z line needs an overhaul anyways, BMW's roadster lineup is pathetic at present. It would make more sense to revisit this after the new Z4 and 2 series are unveiled.

i8S: Do we know more about what this model was to entail? The i8 is still a "beta" in my mind, so may make more sense to give this model a few years before thinking about performance variations.

M8: Seeing as there is no 8 series, this makes sense to me. I'd bet we still see the M7, but again, do we really need something in coupe form that is bigger than the M6?
The M8 could be a stand-alone M only sports/supercar like the AMG GT is to mercedes, and R8 to Auidi.

We really dont need anything bigger than the 6, which is already fat, but I remember a video where Karim Habib himself hints at a 8/9 series based on the VFL concept, so they definitely thought about that at some point.

As much as i love BMW, I think they are too deep within "business case" market strategy, they need to do something to keep what they are known for alive, and that can also bring more customers..not to the car itself but to the brand..merc and audi have their halos, and they sell well, how come BMW sees no market for their own. The i8 its not by any means a sportscar.
Appreciate 0