View Single Post
      02-01-2009, 08:11 PM   #6
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
i have done header installs before. so i will be doing the install myself. and yes i will do a tune, i don't know why i said most likely. and of course i am going to buy oem gaskets and hex nuts the ones that come with it are crap.i am going to label the o2 sensors so that i won't get them mixed up... i read to many threads where idiots mixed up the o2s. Also read one that cracked me up. some guy didn't think he needed the 02 sensors at all so he didn't even install them.. anyway, yes i know not to twist the wires, but what is need to cut, bungs??? i can't imagine anything having to be cut besides that. is it that it doesn't get directly put in the exhaust flow, or is it clearance issues of it hitting something???
Ah you're doing it yourself, good. just mock the headers up with two nut each and try putting some o2s in. It's hit or miss, like I said there are variations. Pay close attention to clearance toward the transmission and clearance toward the other header. As well as clearance toward the EGT sensor.

I have a long standing bet that some of the ebay headers are sold by supersprint because you would seriously have to try to mess up what is messed up about them.