View Single Post
      09-08-2018, 09:30 AM   #132
Bimmerforlife
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpagianotto View Post
It's funny to me how BMW justifies switching to transversal FWD platforms to make the cars more practical and roomier inside, and then this comes out. Honestly, if it's going to have the option of AWD, it will need a transmission tunnel just like if it were RWD, so passenger room in the back seat will be the same. The X2, specifically, with its "coupe" profile, takes away practicality even further.

There's simply not even one thing that the X2 does better than the previous gen X1. It may look better (and looks are subjective) but that's it.

This whole move to FWD did not benefit the customers at all, it just made the cars cheaper to produce, but at the same time, this "M performance" crap warrants an even higher price tag.
Right. It will be cheaper to make so BMW makes money there but then they will add on M Performance and make even more money on top of the savings they already made by making it AWD. It's clever marketing that makes the consumer feel like your getting the best deal. I've watched most of the video reviews on this and most all immeditately go ga ga over the m sport steering wheel. It's not all about the steering wheel. I would assume that the M35i with some nice well equipped options is going to head in the 60-65K figures. For that amt I'd be looking for something other than an X2. Ha

I know it's subjected but I do like the looks of the X2 over the X1. Also offering a nice colored heads up display is a huge + in this segment of the market too. I also think getting rid of that gray around the wheel arches is a huge winner for the M35i I'm just not crazy about some of BMW's choices for the interior layouts design.

I never thought I'd ever see BMW produce a FWD/AWD vehicle and then add M Performance in the same product. Are they trying to change our mindset?
Appreciate 0