View Single Post
      03-25-2018, 02:14 PM   #13
srswans
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 Manual BG

X2 v E-Pace v XC40

Test drove X2 yesterday against its closest competitors. I was surprised but I really liked the X2 ride, handling and seats. Doesn't feel like an SUV; more like a sport sedan.

I drove the E-Pace second (base model) and the ride was truck-like; only took me about a mile to cross it off of my wish list. The seats were rock hard, unsupportive and too wide. However, the engine was sweet sounding and pulled nicely. Jaguar as relegated too many controls, such as seat heaters, to the touchscreen - dangerous IMHO.

Last test drive was in the XC40. It's the tallest of the three. Ride was much smoother than the E-Pace but too soft for me. Seats were excellent though - slightly better than the X2. Engine well-matched to chassis.

I like the X2 the best and I could see owning one. However, its a little underpowered for my tastes. I'll reconsider it if BMW produces a higher horsepower version

I thank all three of these manufacturers for producing an up-scale, four-door vehicle that will fit in my garage.
Appreciate 1