View Single Post
      10-15-2014, 04:56 PM   #15
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

well. If the m3/4 has a sticker price of $90K, then 9% is the dealer margin which works out to be around $7500. Then tag on the dealer admin fee of $400, pdi fee of $1100 (which it does not cost the dealer this kind of $ to prep the car ... $400 would be the top end of the cost), bogus fees such as nitrogen air, vin etching. Then there are the floor mats and wheel locks which can amount to $300 range (which used to be included a few years back or you negotiated this to be included in the deal. In all, the minimum take by the dealer is now near $9K. Damn good if the car is not even sitting as inventory thus no need to pay any financing cost to BMW Canada.

btw, from the above, not even counting the monthly/qtrly/annual sales target bonus from factory to dealer directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
My car came from Parkview and I did not have to pay for any of the add ons like etching.I was quite happy with the way my deal was handled.You have to be firm with your salesperson on this stuff.I saw a copy of my M4 invoice and it amazes me how little markup there is on a modern BMW these days compared to when I sold them in the late 80's & early 90's!
Appreciate 0