2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
Quote:
I'd also add that if you have a higher mileage cluster then before you install it in your car, use a 12v supply on pin9 and 18 and double check the cluster actually displays 0miles / km.

I always check the cluster just incase. You don't want to write your vin to the cluster and then watch as your 60k mile car turns into a 260k mike car in under a second
Well, that's sort of why I said to get a cluster that has lower miles than your car. Better safe than sorry.
How do you check the cluster mileage though? I wouldn't trust a cluster off eBay where seller say it has x number of miles. You should always Power the cluster on a bench and check first.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
Quote:
I'd also add that if you have a higher mileage cluster then before you install it in your car, use a 12v supply on pin9 and 18 and double check the cluster actually displays 0miles / km.

I always check the cluster just incase. You don't want to write your vin to the cluster and then watch as your 60k mile car turns into a 260k mike car in under a second
Well, that's sort of why I said to get a cluster that has lower miles than your car. Better safe than sorry.
How do you check the cluster mileage though? I wouldn't trust a cluster off eBay where seller say it has x number of miles. You should always Power the cluster on a bench and check first.
Good point 👍
Appreciate 0