Thread: X1 Options help
View Single Post
      08-09-2010, 05:04 PM   #11
terryd
Rep
Drives: Honda S2000

We actually started with a very similar spec to you LRS, but after almost going for a Tiguan with leather, sunroof etc, we, (well, mainly me) felt that the X1 warranted the leather and iDrive.
Like you say, I won't get any money back on the options at re-sale, but then not planning on selling for sometime if it can be avoided, so just spec'd it up to enjoy!

Some of the options like USB and stuff should be standard by now though, especially with the professional multimedia option.

Not normally a fan of white cars, but saw a white X1 in a showroom at the weekend and loved it, nice choice.

Senwar, the Rack prep is indeed just some securing points I believe, the bike rack (and relays for lights) is just under £600 inc. VAT, but it needs the rack prep, which is a £130 factory fit, or about £600 retrofit (so I was told, albeit a bit vague). You can see the screw points behind a couple of covers on the bumper on a car without the prep, so not actually sure what extra is done or included!

Mario - Yeah, did think about that, and was seriously tempted when I heard about the manual option, but to be honest, I found the 18d drove really well and the 23d felt it had a bit more initial turbo lag, so just thought the 20d should be more than adequate (and still £2000 cheaper).

Last edited by terryd; 08-09-2010 at 05:19 PM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0