LRS
Dead Head
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryd View Post
Hi,

Have spent hours and hours through these forums and all over the internet, but struggling to get an idea on a couple of options for the X1 I've just ordered.

We went for a xDrive20d in Sapphire black with the following options:

Comfort Pack (with cruise control)
Performance control (no idea if this is worth it, but sounded good!)
Panoramic sunroof (hope this is worth it, as never actually seen one)
Sun protection glass
Folding mirrors
Black leather, Heated Sports seats with Lumbar adjust
Extended storage
DAB
High Gloss shadowline
Bluetooth telephone prep with telematics
Professional Navigation with Voice control
Style 320 18" wheels with compulsory runflats.

When deciding on the car, I drove an sDrive18d with 17" wheels (non run-flat), and an xDrive23d with 18" runflats, and can't really recall the ride on the latter being too much different, but does anyone have any real-world feedback on wheel size?
Bigger wheels always look good, but the 17's do actually suit the car quite well, so I'm now wondering whether or not to ditch the 18" option.

Also, I need some help with the navigation system. I originally opted for a USB port and no navigation, but eventually added in the professional system and removed the USB as:
- professional has 12Gb of storage so no need to connect iPod
- I believe that with the Phone prep and cradle and iPhone, music can be accessed as if it was plugged into the USB.

Question is, if the professional navigation has a USB in the glove box to load music etc, then can this be used to charge iPods, or even access them? i.e. is there still a point to specifying the USB option (at £210!)

What do people think of the standard sound system? Adequate, or worth an upgrade?

Finally, the Xenon light option - I have these on my Honda S2000 and think they're great, but even with a low level sports car, occasionally cars flash me as they think I have full beam on. Are they worth it for the X1, and being a higher car, anyone had any issues blinding other cars?!

Sorry for the long post - this will be my first BMW, and to be honest, I'm a bit shocked at things which are options on what is a fairly expensive car to start with.

Car is due end of sept, so I've got a bit of time to adjust the spec.

Cheers
Hey terryd

Very nice high end spec. Enjoy!

We took a slightly different approach.

Original Spec:

- MY2011
- 1.8d – 143bhp for a car the size of the X1 we felt was more than adequate
- xDrive – benefit of AWD, besides if you just want an sDrive save money and buy a 1 series
- Alpine White – Stunning colour for the X1 body shape
- V Spoke (318) 17” – want a cushioned ride and not a bone shaker as you get with RFT and large wheels
- Anthracite/Silver Median Cloth – Felt that leather was too high spec for the X1
- Satin Silver interior trim
- Sun Protection Glass – For security and look
- Windscreen with grey shade band
- USB Interface – becoming standard on most cars now
- Bluetooth - becoming standard on most cars now

We then added:

- Comfort Pack (including Cruise Control) - because every secondhand car had it
- Xenon Lights – for safety

We tried to keep the spec inline with the market positioning of the X1. If we were buying a 3er coupe, X5, 5er or 7er, then leather, Pro Satnav, Voice etc, would be fundamental, but on an X1 you may never see options like these recovered in the resale value.

In the end it's a very personal decision and you should enjoy the spec you go for! Just waiting until Oct for delivery.

E92 335d SE Auto | Space Grey | Black Leather | 19” 230 Star Spoke | Comfort Access | Lumbar | Heated Seats | Black High Gloss Trim | Pro Nav | Assist | Bluetooth Telematics | Voice Control | High Gloss Shadow Line
Appreciate 0