pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I asked once before if he was as charming in person as he is online. I'm thinking yes.....
Who knows...maybe he gets his anger release by posting here on BP. You can never tell how closely someone's online "personality" matches their face-to-face personality. Some people seem to craft an online persona that's an alter ego or perhaps an idealized version of themselves.

Several years ago I was a couple months into dating a really articulate and interesting woman when she introduced me to her online persona. She had adopted the term "Amygdala Whisperer" for this persona and it was as woo-y as it sounds. I was shocked, and incredibly turned off. I subsequently discovered that previous to that she had "hung out her shingle" as an online relationship coach for hire. Currently I'm told she's trying to carve herself out a niche as some sort of emotional coach for new or soon-to-be retirees. Mind you, she has no training or credentials or legitimate experience as a counselor; she's written a bunch of blog posts that nobody ever read, so that's out...even if they had been read. I guess when you're a narcissist (she ticked all the boxes on that) you just know stuff. You don't need to train or study, because you already know it all. I dumped her right after that shocking revelation. I later found out she had an autistic son in another state whom she had left there with his dad when he was 12 to re-unite with her old high school boyfriend after running into him on Facebook. She was a real piece of work, that one.

My point is, someone's online persona (or personae) may be shockingly different from their "real" personality...if they even still have an intact and integral one.