08-19-2005, 05:50 AM   #8
I miss my 325xi
Private
Rep
Drives: '02 325xi(retired)

Klaus Kobec

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
Just today I got my first issue of BMW magazine. It says you get a free one-year subscription with the purchase of an E90. Otherwise, the magazine costs $5.00 per issue (though the magazine is only printed 4 times a year).

So anyway, while looking through the magazine today, I spotted a Klaus-Kobec watch advertised from "Timepieces Interntaional". On their Web site, the watch costs $685.00 (http://www.timepiecesusa.com/?action...c90f32bb51e08b ), but with a special promotion code from the magazine, the watch only cost $159.00!!!

Is this too good to be true? Or do these companies from time to time partner up with BMW Mag. to offer these special deals? Anyone have any info that has been getting BMW Magazine for a while?

Also does anyone know...is this particular watch a good buy?

Thanks!
sharp1183, regarding the Klaus Kobec watch: I can tell you, as a watch enthusiast, a Klaus Kobec does not have any bearing on the watch world so to speak. In fact, a Swatch probably has a better movement. There are other companies like Klaus Kobec, for example Steinhauer (wrong spelling maybe) that claim that they are genuine watches but are nothing more than quick assembly watches.

If you are into a watch, I'd love to offer advice you may want; from the low end to the high end.

Anyway, thats just my two cents on it.