View Single Post
      10-13-2022, 02:34 PM   #9
Oldgixxer
Captain
Rep
Drives: nothing fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8N View Post
I'm willing to bet that there are worse places outside CONUS but, just limiting to places I've driven, I would say it would have to be Washington DC and the close by areas in Maryland. Not only do people drive slowly, they are completely unpredictable. The way people drive makes no sense, imagine being surrounded by a bunch of squirrels with ADHD or being trapped in a malfunctioning pinball machine.

Statistics bear me out, too - Allstate releases a report every year and every time I've actually seen it, Baltimore is at the very bottom with DC close behind. here's 2019

https://www.allstate.com/americas-be...vers/index.htm

To add insult to injury, the roads in both cities are worse than the rural PA dirt road that my parents live on. I used to laugh at people who lived in cities and drove SUVs... I now drive my old beat up Jeep XJ Cherokee at least 80% of the time. Someone just wrecked into it AGAIN last week too, now three out of four corners are all f**ked up. I didn't turn anything in to insurance because I don't want the hassle of trying to find another vehicle (it would have been totaled years ago, but it still is fundamentally solid and functional.)
I had to google after reading your post and low and behold,South Carolina ranks 7th worst state for bad drivers lol

At least in NY&NJ I could anticipate what the aggressive drivers during rush hour would do and plan accordingly. Here(in my area at least),theres no rhyme reason..like you said,squirrels w ADHD
-'22 X3MC,'20 M550i,'18 X2,F30 328xi,'07 E63 AMG (1st W211 63 in the 11s),997 C4S Cab,CLS55 AMG,E55 AMG,C55AMG
Appreciate 0