View Single Post
      04-20-2015, 03:23 PM   #11
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldcad
Not that it really matters much, but having swapped the F10 for the M235i I'm probably more prone to see the class-related differences in those finish touches than most other owners. One such difference - unfortunately, screaming "I'm just a 2-series car, so don't expect me to look and feel exactly how your 5-series did" - is that with headlights off (i.e. with just the daytime running lights), the scale, numbers and needles in both the speedo and tachometer "clocks" are not illuminated at all!

I was expecting those areas to be backlit with white light, just as they were in my F10 and - for that matter - are in my Golf R. This really adds elegance to the whole "inside experience" (not to mention the fact that for a seriously far-sighted person like me, it makes both displays readable much easier even with the peripheral part of my eye "field of view"). Until the headlights come on (either automatically or with myself switching them on) - when the whole dashboard with all its indicators and gauges get properly illuminated with the typical for BMW, amber light - the two main clocks area looks really poor; almost as if something was broken in the internal lighting system... The only areas lighted white being the instrument central cluster with enhanced features in-between and below the 2 clocks, by contrast the clocks look even more "dead-like". I even browsed the iDrive menu in hope the lighting can be turned on, but found nothing

Is it just me (due to being used to how it worked in the F10 and is working with the other of my two cars, the Golf R) - or do you guys also find it rather disappointing?
Do you have a pic? I have no idea what you are referring to
Appreciate 0