View Single Post
      02-08-2010, 06:49 AM   #22
KadeSdad
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E350 CDI Sport Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McRae View Post
I'd read that again - usually there is some type of limit, certainly has been on BMW policies that I've had in the past. (if it really is a BMW policy as alot of stealers sell "BMW Policies" when its jack all to do with BMW).

Its less of an issue on used which I think yours was ?

Alot of GAP policies on new cars don't start until the second year as they say that insurance should cover return to new in the first year of ownership. If you have admiral and a GAP insurance that has that in the small print and you could end up in trouble

Neil.
Hi Neil

Your right, I purchased mine used (8 months old) and the gap is on the price I paid on the day. I did speak to the financial guys in the stealers last time I was in to make sure the gap would still be all in order. Been with the same dealers for years now (Woodmans) and they have always been straight with me. I've had my car a year in March, so if there was an issue in the first year then that's nearly up now anyway.

It's a good point you bought up about gap insurance not kicking in until the second year on new cars, I certainly didn't know that and I bet others don't who get the 'gap sales treatment' when buying new.

Marcus
Appreciate 0